Manual Testing is a key tool in quality testing and control process for testing the application for seamless and efficient operations. The best part of this testing methodology is a great deal of involvement of ‘’human brain’’ at every step of the testing process, for detecting and eliminating errors for the defect-free, user-friendly application. Creativity, analytical trouble shooting approach, deductive and inductive reasoning makes this technique, the best methodology in this world of automation. Our QA Experts define,’’ Manual testing as the process of improving quality of software application by manually testing the software. The Quality testing process involves testing the application and its features by using the application from a consumer point of view, and listing out the application’s real world issues and provide suggestions to developers regarding the areas of improvement in view of the latest technological development, consumer taste and preferences and elimination of bugs or defects.’’ Our experts say Manual testing approach for assuring product quality is best suited for software application with the shorter life-cycle and constantly changing Graphical User Interface (GUIs). We mostly perform Manual Testing for the applications which require user-friendliness and attractive design. It is worth saying that there is no substitute for manual testing, as no other testing techniques contend with human surveillance throughout the testing process. This exclusivity helps us to meet software application’s usability for the maximize customer satisfaction. The human observation provides an edge to manual testing that help to identify and eliminate those bugs that would be nearly impossible to locate using automation techniques. Here we have listed a few of the other advantages of Manual Testing that makes it the most preferred quality testing methodology.
- Reliable and Cost efficient
- Easy to perform Ad-hoc Testing
- Helps to find customers real issues
- Advantageous for both small and big projects
- Testing can be performed for every language
- Powered by Human Intuition, Inference, and Reasoning
- Best Solution for Application UI (User-Interface) Testing
Every product or software application is unique in itself, therefore their needs are also different, and consequently every application requires different testing environments and techniques. Testing tools must be picked only after careful analysis of application need, targeted audience, and testing environment. Every software application must follow a complete rigorous manual testing process for being developed into a perfect, bug free application. Our QA experts after understanding and analyzing the product testing needs follows a customize testing process to best suits the product or application specifications for best results. Our generalized manual testing process comprises of:
- Requirement Gathering/Analysis – Requirements analysis is critical to the success or failure of a system or software project. Requirements are collected and thoroughly analyzed to make sure the requirements are clear, complete, unambiguous and are testable and then the requirement specification document.
- Preparing the Test Plan– We plan and prepare test objective, scope, and approach. Select the best suited testing methodology, environment and defect tracking method.
- Detailing the Test Case– Prepare detailed test cases by identifying modules that require testing with the module name and Id, test assumptions, test data with variables and its values required for executing test cases, number of test steps to be executed , actual and expected test results and comments.
- Producing the Test Report-Detail summary of test findings, including test plan, test scope, and test execution report, and recommendation etc.
Today’s software applications are most complex and dynamic in nature; therefore it becomes essential for applications to ensure its quality for efficient operation and high performance. To embrace applications with quality, we choose and select the best suited testing methodologies for delivering 100% quality assured applications. We utilize below mentioned testing methodology for manually testing the applications for providing Quality Assurance services to our customers:
- Unit Testing
- Ad-hoc Testing
- System Testing
- Usability Testing
- Black Box Testing
- White Box Testing
- Integration Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Release or Deployment Testing